.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Christmas and New Year Recess

The Assembly has not had a formal meeting since Thursday but it has still been a busy week for most Assembly Members.

On Friday I was back in Cardiff Bay in my capacity as a member of the Assembly Commission to meet staff at their Christmas brunch, and then onto Pyle, Morriston and Gorseinon for advice surgeries. I spent the weekend writing and printing a Christmas leaflet for my ward giving residents information on church services, refuse collections, PACT meetings, useful numbers, holiday chemist opening times and much more.

I will gloss over the Swansea Tottenham game quickly and move onto Monday where, in between visits to the vet with my cat, I met constituents, caught up with casework and knocked the doors of local residents.

On Tuesday, I carried on with casework, leaflet delivery and went with the governors of Burlais School to look at the new building currently under construction in Cwmbwrla Park. Yesterday, I visited Parkland School to see for myself the playing fields the council are seeking to sell off.

The loss of this open space will have a devastating impact on the school and the education of the children there. It will deprive them of a valuable green lung and leave very little room for children to play and for teachers to deliver the foundation phase. I have already written to the council asking them to think again on this proposal.

Following that visit I had a very useful meeting with Youth Cymru to discuss their Trans'form project and other work they are doing. Today I am off to Snowdonia National Park to look at projects they have underway. It means that blogging will be light over the next few days.

I am looking forward to learning about the Dolgellau Townscape Heritage Initiative, seeing the Coed y Brenin mountain biking centre, visiting yr Ysgwrn, the home of World Ward One poet Hedd Wyn and seeing the award winning hydro scheme at Plas Tan y Bwlch.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?