.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, March 21, 2013

A tax by any other name?

I found time today to call into the Post Office to pick up a letter that had been directed to my regional office but had not been delivered as there was £1.50 to pay on it.

It turned out to be a letter from the UK Border Agency concerning a constituent, responding to a query I had directed their way. Although the envelope was stamped that it had been processed by the Parliamentary estate's contractors, they had not put any postage on it.

What is worse the letter told me that 'the Home Secretary takes the view that as immigration is a matter reserved for the Westminster Parliament, I should only engage with Westminster MPs in individual immigration cases.'

As it happens they did give me some information but I had to pay £1.50 for the privilege.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?