.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, May 04, 2012

Decapitation

I am too tired to provide a substantive post today, least of all on the local council elections. Two publications, one of which is on-line, have asked me to write a piece on yesterday's events so I am not dodging the issue. When I do it I will either post it here or provide a link.

For now I am just going to note the rather unusual outcome of seven Council leaders losing their seats. They represented parties from all parts of the political spectrum.

Was this the result of a decapitation strategy on the part of their opposition or just coincidence? I suspect the former.
Comments:
Wasn't a decapitation strategy on Ron Davies, an Independent beat him,but probably was elsewhere. They most certainly tried a decapitation strategy on me but only succeeded in increasing my vote and majority.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?