.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, April 02, 2010

Metaphor of the day

Frank Field takes the honours with this description of Tony Blair:

“Blair reminds me of a water spider. It skims across the water, but once it’s gone, you can’t tell that it was ever there,” the Labour MP says ruefully.

“Whenever I met him, I always came away beguiled and convinced that he would do things differently this time. He was brilliant at winning elections, but then did nothing with it. I don’t think he had much idea of how to win the machine.”

He goes on to make equally telling remarks about the Prime Minister:

“I’ve always felt sorry for Gordon – this combination of intelligence and an inability to see the people side of politics.

“Unfortunately, the public have marked their card on him and nothing will change that now. In Opposition, I had a meeting with him and I thought, 'God, this isn’t normal.’ Nothing’s happened to change my view.”

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?