.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, September 15, 2008

Making it happen

I have just come from a superb debate on the party's Make it Happen paper. As I stated in a previous post I have no problem with the proposed tax cuts once our public expenditure priorities have been met and voted accordingly.

It was difficult though watching all those establishment rebels stand up and make such high quality speeches for the rebel amendment when I would normally be voting with them. I think others felt the same way and Tim Farron MP captured a mood when he declared:

"I feel slightly awkward not being a part of the awkward squad."

It was a good line delivered as part of a brilliant contribution from a rising star in the party.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?