.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

When the heavens opened

From the Guardian Hay diary:

The Bishop of New Hampshire, Gene Robinson, is waiting in line for a shuttle bus to the festival. The rain is pounding. The gorgeous, purple episcopal robes are whipping about like a flag in the breeze. "Can't you do something about this?" asks a fellow queuer, gesturing at the scowling skies. "I'm in sales, not management," bats back Robinson in a flash.

The old ones are always the best.
Comments:
Have to agree with you on that one Peter. There's an old joke about a ladle, on hearing it I told the same joke to a group of lawyer-partners, I was only a law clerk, but they liked the joke. My favourite are the lawyer jokes, "What looks good on a lawyer? A doberman"; "What's the differnce between a dead skunk and a dead lawyer? There's skid marks in front of the skunk"; "What do you throw at a drowning lawyer? His partners." If anyone has some good lawyer jokes please email them to me, I collect them.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?