.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, May 26, 2008

Incommunicado

Having spent the last two days at the Hay Festival without a mobile phone signal I can completely sympathise with the point being made in this morning's Western Mail that phones in the UK should be enabled to “roam” between networks, automatically switching to the strongest signal.

It was not that I was cut off from the outside world that irked, I could live with that, it was that I was unable to contact others at the festival to arrange to meet up and had to rely on chance meetings and pre-arranged venues.

Still, at least it did not matter if I forgot to turn my phone off at an event.
Comments:
When I saw the headline I thought it said "Gone Commando"
 
Possibly it was easier when the festival was in the town centre.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?