.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, December 31, 2006

New Year resolutions

I may have said on this blog in the past that I am not in the habit of making New Year resolutions. Indeed the last one I made was that I would make no more and that vow has remained unbroken until now.

The problem was that in my role as a member of the Assembly's Shadow Commission I have been charged with working with the Electoral Commission on their get out the vote operation for May 2007's Assembly Elections. So, when I was rung up and asked on the spur of the moment to give a New Year Resolution that might be tied into the 'register to vote' part of that campaign I was a bit stumped. Consequently, I blurted out the one thing that will be on my mind most for the first four months of 2007, my attempt to get re-elected to the Assembly.

Now that the results of that little ring-round have been published it is difficult to say how my ambition looks when compared to that of other members. Rhodri Morgan wants to do more jogging, Ieuan Wyn Jones, more recycling, whilst Nick Bourne aims to walk more. Commendably, Jenny Randerson, Trish Law and Lorraine Barrett all want to encourage young people to vote, whilst Jocelyn Davies wants to read more fiction. When is the Plaid Cymru manifesto being published? :-)

Against all those worthy aspirations my own resolution to get re-elected seems a bit stark and selfish. Then again, nobody could accuse me of not being open and honest!
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?