.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, September 08, 2006

To boldly go?


For those who believe that fact is stranger than fiction I have had my attention drawn to this item in The Register so as to disabuse you.

They report that William Shatner has turned down a free trip into space because it's "not my idea of a good time."

Richard Branson offered the 75-year-old a £114,000 ticket for Virgin Galactic’s first passenger flight in 2008. Shatner, however, declared: "I'm interested in man's march into the unknown but to vomit in space is not my idea of a good time. Neither is a fiery crash with the vomit hovering over me. I do want to go up but I need guarantees I'll definitely come back."

Never mind, although Kirk will not be there Ripley will be: "We’d be delighted to take Sigourney back to visit the Aliens," said a spokesman.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?