.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, August 28, 2006

A gesture too far

Back from Prague, complete with Franz Kafka teeshirt, I find myself with a whole host of issues to blog about. The one that wound me up whilst I was away was this story about Celtic goalkeeper, Artur Boruc, who has been cautioned by Police for crossing himself in front of Rangers' fans at the local derby match.

I saw an interview with Ruth Kelly on BBC on Sunday morning in which she claimed to have no knowledge of the incident and refused to be drawn in condemning the Police for suppressing freedom of expression.

As usual with such incidents however, there is another side to the story. According to Mr Eugenides, it is possible that the police caution may have had a lot more to do with the gesture that followed the sign of the cross rather than the crossing itself.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?