.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Exercise guru

It does not bear thinking about. I was initially very sceptical when I read on the Guido Fawkes blog that a new BBC daytime fitness programme, The Body Politics, starring Mark Oaten, will be starting on Monday. However, courtesy of Liberal England, I have now seen confirmation in this Guardian article.

"The programme has a serious message about using free time to get fit, especially now obesity levels are rising," Mr Oaten explained.

"It's been hard work getting into shape, but I feel so much better than I did. I have been playing a lot of tennis and generally eating better."

The married father-of-two recently said his dalliance with the 23-year-old male prostitute started because of the pressure of work and a mid-life crisis brought on by going bald.

Given the amount of work that Mr. Oaten needs to do in Winchester since his fall from grace I am surprised that he has so much free time. Still, if it helps with his stress I suppose it is worth it. He should be aware though that all this exercise will not get him his hair back.

Update: I always wanted to be a critic. BBC on-line are quoting this post as part of their pre-programme publicity.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?