.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Devolution lite

I have to say that when I caught this initiative on the news the night before last that for once the Government and the media fooled me as to its applicability. It may be that I was half-asleep but I recall thinking what a good idea it was to distribute home-testing kits for bowel cancer to all over-60s and anticipating the kits arriving on the doormats of my constituents sometime next year. Naturally, the journalists did nothing to disabuse me of this notion as they mostly think that anything that flows from Westminster must apply nationwide.

It was only the next day when I sat down and thought about it that I realised that it was an England-only initiative. Let us hope that the Welsh Health Minister does not take too long in following suit.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?