.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, October 23, 2004

Columnist?

A comment on this blog exhorts me to stop pretending that I am some sort of columnist. She goes on to assert that I am a politician, "even if only a second-rate one". Well I have always been aware of my own limitations but in this case I should say that this is my blog and I will write on it what I wish. If people want to assign labels to my views then that is their prerogative.

I will continue to comment about what interests me and what I believe may interest my readers, few as they are. There will always be a political slant to items on this blog but it is not intended to be a mouthpiece for my party or its policies. Indeed there are times when I will take a contrary view. If my views are not as fulsome or as clear as some people may wish then they may use the comments section to seek enlightenment. They may not get it but then that is my problem not theirs. What I will not stand for is abusive comments. If they overstep the mark then they will be removed.

In this vein I have two observations to make. The first is a follow-up to yesterday's October surprise piece. Further exploration of the U.S. electoral vote site I linked to then has unearthed a fascinating animated map that tracks the polls on a day by day basis from May 2004. Bush by the way is now ahead in the electoral college votes by 271 to 257, according to state opinion polls.

The second observation relates to Culturenet Cymru and the controversy about the 100 Welsh Heroes poll. Apart from the fact that this seems to have attracted a number of hits on this site from computers based in the National Library of Wales, there also seems to be a flurry of searches against key words like 'Culturenet Cymru', 'sacking', and 'David Jones' that have found this blog. Clearly, my interest in this matter and my persistence in trying to get at the truth has generated a lot of interest. I have no intention of giving up just yet.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?