.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, January 09, 2004

Eats Shoots and Leaves

I have not got a copy of this book nor have I read it. However, it came to mind this morning whilst I was delivering a few leaflets. I noticed a sign that said 'Beware of the "Dog"'. This immediately raised the question that if the "Dog" needed to be framed by speech marks was it real? I certainly did not hear any barking. Maybe it was a stuffed dog or an electronic one like K9 from Doctor Who. It certainly entertained me for the rest of the leafletting round. I recall in this context that I once lived near to a shop that proclaimed in three foot high letters that it housed a "New's Agent". Clearly, I have too much time on my hands and need to go and do some work.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?